About State of Washington Tourism
State of Washington Tourism (SWT) is the official Destination Marketing and Management Organization for the State of Washington. SWT is a membership-based nonprofit that was established after the closure of the Washington State Tourism Office in 2011 (formerly the Washington Tourism Alliance).
SWT’s work centers around responsibly marketing Washington to visitors and serving as a leader in statewide destination management and stewardship. A key component of our work is supporting rural and underserved communities. Our programs, from destination development to marketing, contribute to creating jobs and stimulating earnings in the tourism sector, which is still recovering from the pandemic. SWT supports:
- Development for rural and underserved communities through grants, the Rural Tourism Support program, education, and other offerings
- Overall statewide management and stewardship
- Responsible travel marketing – encouraging the right travelers to visit, honor what is here, and become stewards
- Empowering and amplifying local destinations, from marketing co-ops to data and research
- Investment in diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion through marketing campaigns and other initiatives
- International travel development through trade shows, relationship building with international receptive operators and suppliers, and partnering with destinations to establish readiness to welcome international visitors
Looking to work at State of Washington Tourism? Find current job openings here.