News and Resources on Industry Initiatives, Legislative Action & Advocacy Alerts
Funding will support the many programs SWT has built over the past two years, including:
- A new engaging brand and marketing campaign centered around responsible travel
- A Destination Development program focusing on rural areas
- A grant program for industry stakeholders
- A new state tourism website featuring diverse voices
- A Travel Trade program for international visitation
- A successful State Tourism Conference
Tourism Industry Day
Note: Registration is now closed.
As part of advocacy efforts, SWT will hold a Tourism Industry Day in Olympia on Tuesday, March 14. This lobbying day is free and offers the chance to meet with your legislators and advocate for two companion bills — HB 1258 and SB 5465 — which support expanded funding for statewide tourism.
You must register in order to meet with legislators. A room block will be available at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia. Book your room here.
A reception will be held at the Hilton from 5-8 p.m. on Monday, March 13.
Explore the latest coverage of SWT in the news:
Become a Tourism Advocate
Our free tourism advocate program is your key to staying connected to the statewide tourism industry. In 2018, SWT counted on stakeholder advocacy to re-build the state tourism program, and your advocacy is needed now to operate and sustain it. Thank you for your support and partnership!
Tourism Advocate Qualification: Any business or organization located in or operating in the State of Washington.
Find your State Legislative District here and sign up using the form below.