On January 19th from 10:00am to 11:30am, State of Washington Tourism is excited to present the first virtual workshop in the three part program, International Inbound Travel Association (IITA) Steps to Success. This tourism training program will provide clear and achievable steps to obtain international business via inbound travel to help build sustainable year-around business post-covid. In an uncertain landscape, diversifying your business strategies has never been more important. An understanding of how to work with inbound travel trade will help create favorable partnerships and then provide international travel trade partners the necessary resources they need to bring visitors to Washington.<
While this event is designed for GMs and decision-makers, any tourism professional working with the travel trade will find value. Come update your knowledge and hear from our panel about what is expected and vital for the return of international inbound travel! This event will be similar to the workshop the WTA held last Spring, but will lead into two brand new workshops in February and March that will provide step-by-step mechanics on “how to prepare” and operational strategies.
Featured Speakers and Topics:
Jennifer Ackerson, President of ALON Marketing Group, a successful tourism industry veteran, and creator of the Steps to Success Program, will guide you through:
- A look at the value of working with international travel trade and how it is critical to developing your tourism business
- Achievable step-by-step insight on how to prepare for this market including developing product for inbound operators to sell
- Tips on how the entire destination can increasingly work together to amplify success in attaining its share of international tourism
- Debbie Wardrop, Hotel Manager of 7 Cedars Resort Properties who is in the midst of growing the receptive tour operator segment in anticipation of the return of international travel to help build diverse and consistent year-around business.
- Gisa Kusserow-Hanson, Senior Product Manager from ATP (former AlliedTPro), will discuss what they look for to build long-lasting industry relationships that are beneficial to both sides.
The next two workshops in the series are scheduled for February 24th from 10am to 11:30am and March 10th from 10am to 11:30am, so mark your calendars now!